These devilishly delicious brownies are so easy to make. Remove the chips if you want it strictly paleo as some chocolate chips use soy lecithin --- read the label. You may also add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you are of the adventurous kind. ;)
1 cup almond flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt (remove if using salted butter)
Handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
½ cup of melted coconut oil/ghee/butter or combination of any
½ cup of runny honey
3 whole eggs
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod (1 tsp extract is ok too)
1. Combine the dry ingredients (except for the chips) and set aside.
2. Beat the eggs, then add all the other liquids and whisk until the honey is dissolved.
3. Mix the liquid and dry ingredients. This will be a bit runny. Throw in some dark choc chips if you fancy.
4. Transfer into a greased 8x8 spring-form.
5. Bake at 175C (fan) for 20 minutes. On the 20th minute, check by inserting a toothpick/fork into the brownie. If it comes out clean, it should be ok. If not, bake for a further 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Thoroughly cool before cutting. My cake rose at the centre while cooking but actually flattened out once it cooled.
*Warning: may cause addiction.